Barry McGough is of counsil at Warner Bates. He brings over four decades of experience helping clients resolve their legal challenges, with a focus on family law and divorce issues. In addition to providing direct counsel and litigation representation, Barry is an experienced mediator often requested by other attorneys to help resolve their clients’ family law matters outside the courtroom.
Barry has been a member of the State Bar of Georgia since 1971. He is a member and former president of the Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and a member and former chairman of the State Bar Family Law Section, which recognized his exceptional contributions in this area of practice with its Professionalism Award. He is a recognized author with several publications including Thomson Reuters’ Georgia Divorce and Mercer Law Review’s annual Domestic Relations article. Barry is also a frequent lecturer at family law seminars through multiple organizations.
Barry’s educational background includes a A.B. from the University of California at Berkeley and an LLB from UC Berkeley’s School of Law. Raised in San Rafael, California, Barry now lives in Decatur with his wife and two dogs. He has five children and six grandchildren. In his free time, Barry enjoys playing guitar, reading and exercising.
- University of California at Berkeley, LL.B.
- University of California at Berkeley, A.B.
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Martindale-Hubbell Judicial Edition Award
- “Super Lawyers” by Atlanta Magazine
- “Best Lawyers in America”
- “Top Rated Lawyer in Family Law” by Martindale-Hubbell
- State Bar of Georgia (Former Chairman, Family Law Section)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Former President, Georgia Chapter)
- Charles L. Weltner Family Law American Inn of Court (Emiritus)
- Georgia Commission on Child Support (Former Member)
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta