Wilbur Warner, Jr. is a partner at Warner Bates with 45 years of legal experience to draw on in his service to clients. He has a unique way of connecting with clients on a personal level as he helps them achieve legal solutions to their family law and divorce issues.
Growing up in Valdosta, Georgia as the grandson of a judge, Wilbur was drawn early to the legal profession. He earned his B.B.A. from Emory University followed by an L.L.B. from the University of Georgia School of Law.
Wilbur is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers whose past experience includes service on the Board of Governors of the State Bar of Georgia and as Chair of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia. He is a long-time member of the Atlanta Bar Association and Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity.
Wilbur’s long experience and outstanding service have earned many awards, including recognition as one of the Best Lawyers in America (1987-present), a Super Lawyer by Atlanta Magazine (2004-present) and a Top Rated Lawyer in Family Law by the same organization.
A resident of North Atlanta, Wilbur enjoys playing golf. He is a member of the Capital City Club in Atlanta and the Highlands County Club in Highlands, North Carolina as well as the Advocates Club and the Lawyers Club, both in Atlanta. He has one daughter and three grandchildren.
- University of Georgia, L.L.B.
- Emory University, B.B.A.
- 2017 "Best Lawyers" Listed Lawyer
- “Best Lawyers in America”
- “Super Lawyer” by Atlanta Magazine
- “Top Rated Lawyer in Family Law” by Martindale-Hubbell
- State Bar of Georgia (Chairperson, Family Law Section)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (President, Georgia Chapter)
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Georgia Board of Bar Governors
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Phi Delta Phi
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers