Elinor Hitt is a Partner at Warner Bates helping guide people through challenging times in their lives. She is experienced in providing strategic and compassionate assistance to clients with domestic, family law, and divorce issues. Her areas of expertise include divorce, paternity, legitimation, child custody modification, child support modification, grandparent visitation, enforcement of court orders and pre- and post-nuptial agreements. She is also an experienced Guardian ad Litem and Mediator. Her professional background also includes practice as a social worker.
Elinor’s work in the area of family and domestic law has garnered multiple awards, including recognition over many years as one of Atlanta Magazine’s Super Lawyers Rising Stars; Best Advocate and Member, 1st Place Team in the 2006 William W. Daniel National Invitational Mock Trial Competition; and Outstanding Student, Weltner Inn of Court, 2006/2007.
Elinor has contributed to Georgia Divorce, a guide to divorce practice published by Thomson Reuters, since 2008. In addition, Elinor has also co-authored the Domestic Relations section of Mercer Law Review’s Annual Survey of Georgia Law since 2008.
Elinor was raised in Columbus, Georgia. She attended the University of Georgia where she earned a B.S. in Education and a Master’s Degree in Social Work, followed by a J.D. from Georgia State University College of Law. She is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association, the DeKalb Bar Association, the Cobb Bar Association, the Georgia Bar Association, the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers and the Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law Inn of Court.
Elinor is married, with one son and one daughter. She is active in her children’s schools and her family attends All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Atlanta.
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Georgia, M.S.W.
- University of Georgia, B.S.Ed.
- “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers
- “Top Women Attorneys in Georgia” by Super Lawyers
- “Best Advocate” and Member 1st Place Team at William W. Daniel National Invitational Mock Trial Competition
- “Outstanding Student” by Weltner Inn of Court
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- DeKalb Bar Association
- Cobb Bar Association
- Weltner Inn of Court, Membership Chair of the Executive Committee
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, Member of Foundation Board in charge of Grants Committee